Moving pad marks on refinished piano

Q: I am a piano technician and I sent a customers piano to be refinished. In shipping it back the finish got some moving pad marks. It is a hand rubbed traditional lacquer. How do I get these out?

A: I’m sorry. I wouldn’t even experiment on that. I’d call the company who refinished the piano. Perhaps they have a compound that can be used to blend out the marks.

Leave a Comment