This wood flooring maintenance guide was originally posted on the back of our business card (hence the condensed size), and later on our local business website.
- Vacuum regularly.
- Use mats in front of entryways and kitchen sinks.
- Wipe up liquid spills promptly.
- Apply felt tack or other floor protectors to the bottoms of chair legs and movable furniture.
- Weekly cleaning with a polyurethane cleaner: Spray cleaner on cloth and wipe the floor surface.
- If the finish shows signs of wear, (you can hire a pro to) lightly buff and re-coat with polyurethane.
- DO NOT: use excessive amounts of water or oil based cleaners on your hardwood floors!
- DO NOT: apply wax to polyurethane finishes!