This wood flooring maintenance guide was originally posted on the back of our business card (hence the condensed size), and later on our local business website.
- Vacuum regularly.
- Use mats in front of entryways and kitchen sinks.
- Wipe up liquid spills promptly.
- Apply felt tack or other floor protectors to the bottoms of chair legs and movable furniture.
- Weekly cleaning with a polyurethane cleaner: Spray cleaner on cloth and wipe the floor surface.
- If the finish shows signs of wear, (you can hire a pro to) lightly buff and re-coat with polyurethane.
- DO NOT: use excessive amounts of water or oil based cleaners on your hardwood floors!
- DO NOT: apply wax to polyurethane finishes!
How to Clean Wood Floors
Besides vacuuming regularly, you can wipe your floors clean with a solution made for the type of floor finish you have. Various homemade cleaners and general cleaners on the market can leave residues that will make your floors dull, or create problems with the finish when the time comes to…
Wood flooring underlay paper
I am installing a hardwood floor in both of my bedrooms. I have a subfloor down. Is there anything else that I might need to put down prior to laying the hardwood?
Cleaning messy film on wood floors
I believe our wood is called K***** and it is in a redwood finish. It has a shiny finish which was beautiful when it was new. Well, 1 year later w/ 2 kids and 2 dogs, the floor always looks dirty. After it is mopped, you can see a film…
About Wood Flooring Guy
The Wood Flooring Guy web site was built and is maintained by Hardwood Flooring Sites.com - web design resources for hardwood flooring business owners.
Unfinished wood and paint
I own a painting company and I am doing a job for a home owner who is concerned about paint dripping on his unfinished Brazilian walnut hardwood floor. The installer told him that the paint can not be removed and I need to know if this is correct or not.…