Looks like something has burrowed in

Q: We have laid an oak hardwood in our living room. We notice some areas with a little residue, where it looks like something has burrowed in it. What would be causing this and can we fix it? Is there a bug that burrows in wood floors?

A: Something burrowed into your floor? Does it look like someone drilled a perfectly round hole? Post hole beetle. It depends if there is only one or many. You will have to draw it out somehow and get rid of it. You may have to call in fumigators for an opinion.

Follow-up Q: Can fumigators kill them? Yes, there are holes.

A: Yes, I believe they can handle it. Call a company and ask. I called them post hole beetles. I think the correct term is powder post beetle.