What is a “wet fill”?

Q: What is a “wet fill”? I have 1/8″+ gaps between some of my boards. I’ve heard people talk about making a slurry or “wet fill” out of sawdust from the edger and polyurethane, or some kind of recipe like that, to fill the gaps with.

Any idea what I’m talking about?

A: There are all sorts of fillers on the market. Some come in powder form. some are pre mixed. I usually use one of those, which can be purchased at your local hardwood dealership.