Clay like gunk

Q: I just removed the carpeting off my hardwood floors, and under the padding was this clay like material that I had to scrape off. It left a terrible film on the hardwood floors.

I don’t want to sand and refinish the floors. How can I get the film off of it?

A: If the floors are wax finish, you might try a product from Dura Seal called Renovator.

If varnish, I would try an appropriate cleaner such as Bona Kemi Pacific Cleaner. You may have to apply a bit of elbow grease with a fine abrasive pad.