Choosing the right kind of bullnose

Q: We have recently installed laminate on our main floor. We are at a standstill however, as we are not sure what to do with the bullnose. Our stairs leading to the basement are carpeted, but I do not know if I have the right kind of bullnose.

Are there different kinds? How do I install it? I assumed it was similar to the transition piece I got for the transition from laminate to ceramic.

A: There is an entire line-up of reducers, transition strips and nosing for floating floors. The place where you bought your floor, or your local hardwood flooring retailer should either stock these items or be able to point you to where to go locally. Otherwise, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the laminate about such pieces.